Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
I had to post this...you CAN"T watch this and NOT be HAPPY!
Posted by Lisa at 2:32 PM
Friday, November 21, 2008
I tag Kerri, April, Mary and Tina.
Have fun girls!!
Posted by Lisa at 10:17 PM
Monday, November 17, 2008
Wanted to share this and thank our Catholic brothers and sisters for their love and support.
Posted by Lisa at 6:47 PM
Saturday, November 8, 2008
- a person whom one knows well and is fond of; intimate associate; close acquaintance
- a person on the same side in a struggle; one who is not an enemy or foe; ally
- a supporter or sympathizer a friend of labor
- something thought of as like a friend in being helpful, reliable, etc.
Posted by Lisa at 11:34 PM
Posted by Lisa at 10:16 PM
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Posted by Lisa at 7:54 PM
Friday, October 24, 2008
What a great "rebel" couple they were!
We had a bubble blowing contest!
Jessica was our WINNER!
Brother Clifford was the winner of our "Smelliest" Sock award.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Posted by Lisa at 4:50 PM
I feel so blessed that I must share my feelings....
I am so fortunate and blessed to have married the man I did. He is an inspiration to me and to our family. I hope and pray that I can continue to live in such a manner that he may feel just as blessed to have me as I feel to have him. I pray for the strength to lift him when he needs lifting and to care for our family when he is needed elsewhere.
Scott, I love you with everything that I am!
Posted by Lisa at 12:29 PM
Saturday, October 11, 2008
We stopped on the way home to visit with family that Colton has not seen in quite sometime.
Here are a couple of pictures of our trip:Yes that's Grandma in the VERY back of the car...and no there is not a seat back there!
A visit with "Gramma Great"
I'm sure our lives will be much different with a teenager in the house but both Scott and I are so looking forward to it!! Now Scott has someone to work out with!
Posted by Lisa at 8:36 AM
Thursday, September 18, 2008
My dear, trusting friend Tina let me can her tomatoes for her.
I hope I did her proud!!
I think my next batch I will add some chilies....we LOVE spicy!
Posted by Lisa at 10:47 PM
Sunday, September 14, 2008
2. Too short for my weight
3. Have always hated my curly hair
4. Have had my hair straightened in the past
5. Have 6 holes in my ears but never wear earrings
6. Have 2 tattoos
7. I'm grateful to have the Priesthood in my home
8. I'm grateful for my mother
9. I miss my dad
10. Have a great step dad
11. I LOVE my family, faults and all
12. I Love cooking for LARGE numbers
13. I have 2 grandsons
14. I have 2 wonderful step sons whom I adore
15. I hate math
16. Would be LOST without my computer
17. Would be LOST without my camera
18. Would rather go buy socks than launder them
19. I Love Jesus Christ
20. I am loyal
21. I am faithful
22. I LOVE primary
23. I LOVE going to Church on Sunday
24. I am blessed to have a husband who is worthy of his Priesthood
25. I only use chocolate for medicinal purposes
26. I always tell the truth ;)
27. I am grateful for repentance
28. I am a chocoholic
29. I would rather clean a bathroom than do laundry
30. I would rather do it (anything) than explain to someone how I like it done
31. I don't make friends easily
32. I have a hard time trusting people
33. I cherish deeply those I let in
34. I have a great respect for the man I married
35. I pray in my bathroom more than any other room in my house
36. I secretly don't want Connor to grow up
37. If my body would allow it I would have more children
38. I am proud of my boys
39. I love carbs
40. I hate confrontation
41. I love Sarah Palin's glasses
42. <~~this is how old I am
80. I am a chronic ice chewer
81. I still have my mothers day flowers sitting in a vase...dead, dry and collecting dust
82. I want to be a scrapbooker but I just don't get it
83. I wish I could still work in a nail salon
84. I am afraid of having to use a walker
85. I have always wanted a REAL surprise party
86. I still admire my wedding ring like it was just placed there
87. I hate to unpack after a trip
88. I sleep with 7 pillows and my husband :)
89. I prefer winter
90. I don't mind snow
91. I love shopping during the holidays
92. I love being around people
93. I secretly watch my boys while they sleep
94. I love going to someone's house and seeing it cluttered
95. I love that I can recognize the Lord's hand in my life
96. I am a very forgiving person for I have much to be forgiven for
97. I don't stay upset very long
98. I never forget a kindness done to me or my family
99. I don't shave my legs because of my psoriasis
100. I don't miss shaving my legs! hehehe
There ya have it. Did ya learn anything? Did anything make you gasp? I dare ya....tell your blog readers 100 things about YOU!
Posted by Lisa at 9:13 PM
Friday, September 5, 2008
Connor LOVES school and his teacher Mrs. Faxon!
I hope we can keep that up for a few years!
Posted by Lisa at 10:43 PM
Monday, September 1, 2008
but come on...look into my eyes and tell me you don't just
Posted by Lisa at 10:07 PM
Monday, August 25, 2008
Friday, August 8th:My brother and I borrowed some quads and headed for Monument Ridge where we were going to finally lay my Dad to rest. My Dad wanted to be cremated and although that was a hard one for me we honored his wishes. My brother Richard decided on just the right place to spread his ashes but the only way to get there was on quads. It was a little rainy and Richard and I were a little concerned as we had waited for quite a long time to make this trek to Jackson. We drove as far as we could in the truck and then he unloaded the quads.Now...I am no sissy..not by a long shot...but these "roads" and I use that term very loosely...were rutted from rain and VERY primitive...I was a bit nervous but didn't want my brother to see it so I acted like this was just another day in the park for me! I kept up with him quite well and soon lost all concern when I started to look around and appreciate the shear beauty that was around me!After reaching the top of the bluff I began to weep at the magnificence of our Heavenly Father's creation. The pictures do NOT do it justice.
My brother took off on his quad for some quiet reflection and so I took my Father's ashes in my lap and sat and prayed. I asked my Father in Heaven to bless me with his spirit and asked him to please allow my father's spirit to be with my brother and I. I wanted to know that my Dad was happy with the spot we had chosen for him and that he was aware of our love for him.
Richard returned and we reverently release my Dad from his urn. We both wept as we watched his ashes catch the wind and spread on the mountain he love so much.
As we stood and reflected on our Dad a small bird flew in and landed in between us and our quads. He was not frighted of us in the least and did not flinch as we walked toward him to get to our transportation. He stuck right with us, following us as we prepared to head back down the mountain. We both new that this was not just some freak occurrence but recognized the Lord's hand in letting us know that our Dad was with us and that he loves us. As I mounted my quad the bird was right at my foot. He just looked up at me when I started the motor without flinching. My Brother instructed me to just go ahead and start down the mountain...I did and didn't look back. When we arrived back at the place we had left the truck Richard told me that the bird followed me, flying just behind my head for a few yards before taking off.I am SO very grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who listens to us and answers our prayers.
This trip was one of the MOST spiritual, magnificent and glorious events, second only to attending the Temple, that I have ever experienced in my life.
Posted by Lisa at 10:57 AM
Friday, August 8, 2008
Then off to the family cemetery.
Posted by Lisa at 3:16 PM
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Posted by Lisa at 12:43 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Posted by Lisa at 6:11 PM