Friday, April 4, 2008

More new arrivals....

I've received a few calls asking why I haven't blogged about the puppies yet...so in between my 100th & 101st load of "puppy towel" laundry I am posting some pictures and comments on the birth.

Heidi started acting rather different on Saturday (the 29th). Scott saw her when he got out of bed but then she sort of disappeared. He came in and woke me up telling me she was missing! I had heard stories about how a dog will "nest" when nearing her time...but all the stories I had heard said a dark closet was the most popular place to find your "nesting" dog. Well I searched the house while Scott searched outside..he called for me and said he heard a growling from UNDER THE SHED!!! Yep, there she was nesting under the shed. Calling her was doing no good so Scott cut up some ham to coax her out....now our Heidi will do ANYTHING for ham!!!!!!! But she was NOT budging! She was STUCK!!! as in she COULD NOT get out! Scott and I were at a LOSS as for what to do....if Heidi had her puppies under the shed we would surely lose them and possibly her as well! This was NOT an option!! Scott retrieved our trusty jack from the garage and we actually jacked up our shed just enough to get her out!
The first puppy was born at 10:53 pm Saturday night. #2, 3 & 4 followed behind at 11:46, 12:05 & 12:18. #5 was still born at 3:23 and little #6 followed her at 3:27.
We have 5 healthy, beautiful puppies!
3 girls and 2 boys.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I heart puppies.